The Cuckoo Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cuckoo Nest

The Cuckoo Nest members forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Players (day 1 to day 8)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gen.Pain
Admin
Gen.Pain

New Players (day 1 to day 8) Empty
PostSubject: New Players (day 1 to day 8)   New Players (day 1 to day 8) Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 2:59 am

In the beginning of the game there are some important steps that will help you in staying competitive. Early on you will need to build up defenses, make allies and maximize resources. This is just a guideline and can be adjusted to suit your needs.

On day 1 the first thing I do is build recruiting offices in every province. I then adjust my resource slides to try and compensate for resources that are in the red. It's important to note that iron and lumber are your most important resources at this time. Knowing that they are important I also go to the market and buy what I can (at a cheap rate) as they will become more expensive as time pass. Gas and fish are what I call throw away resources so if you must be in the red on resource production use your slides to sacrifice them in lieu of grain, coal or most importantly oil.
On day 1 I also take a look at my immediate neighbors and determine who are the better players. You can do this by viewing their service records. If you have a really strong player next to you or near you, you may want to contact and see if they would be interested in an alliance. If not you may have to fortify the borders with them. It's important to talk to neighbors and allies as it makes it more difficult for them to attack or backstab you. I normally make one ally early on and one later in the game when I can get a feel of other players abilities. I also never make more than 2 allies as if you make more you are going to have to backstab someone. If you fell you need to be protected with an agreement try to agree to a Non Aggression Pact ( NAP ). The two of you can determine the terms of agreement.
After the recruiting centers are built I then build, depending on resources, 2-4 work centers and upgrade them to lvl 2. You will upgrade to factories on day 8 so place them strategically. I place mine on a resource I'm in need of (not fish, gas, or coal) oil, iron, lumber and grain taking the most consideration. If you can place them on double resource provinces do it as they are bigger producers. Also look at your resources and if you have an abundance of grain provinces build a barrack or two. Lastly build any fortresses you feel you need.
Now I have all the upgrades, for now, that I'm interested in building until day 2 so I look and see if there are any AIs I want to take. If there is one I start a couple of armored cars and on day 2 they will be ready for use in the attack.

On day 2 if at all possible build at least one harbor on a double resource province (if possible). This will give you a jump on a battleship when they become available. Continue to trade on the market and make contacts with neighbors/allies. Attack any AI that you want to acquire after you get your cars and army together.

On day 5 if you want build a railway on any coal province. If you have a large amount of coal provinces build them on resource provinces that you may need. Just remember that you are going to need iron, lumber and oil in large quantities on day 8.

Through out this process continue to trade on the market to acquire resources. On day 8 you can start building factories and the mechanization of the game starts and you will need primarily iron and oil from this time forward. If you have an ally you may trade with them to acquire what you need. In fact that maybe a reason to ally with someone.

Back to top Go down

New Players (day 1 to day 8)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cuckoo Nest :: Game Hints and Tactics-
Jump to: