The Cuckoo Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cuckoo Nest

The Cuckoo Nest members forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

State of the Alliance

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gen.Pain
Admin
Gen.Pain

State of the Alliance Empty
PostSubject: State of the Alliance   State of the Alliance Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 4:14 am

No Sad!

I keep asking myself...what is our purpose as an alliance? Is it to get better so that we can enter alliance matches? Are we a teaching alliance so that we can all progress together? I just don't know what we are.
 We can't get members to join the forum, which is crazy to me. We have 9 members in the forum and 5 who are no longer in the alliance i.e. noni, Belgance, OSO Blue, mentat Archon, and xantjan. I have been watching our internal game and want to discuss what they did wrong but wouldn't you know it they are not in the forum. It blows my mind that you can't get these people to join. I say if they don't want to be active, and join the forum, boot them.!I mean what do they bring to the table?
 I would like to see 4 on 4  internal games set up in teams so that we can put together some teams to  challenge other alliances. In the tournament team challenges you can enter multiple teams. The team matches shouldn't be anyone can join but set up by Sandido or a committee to determine strengths of players. Once again if they are not in the forum, to hell with them. Have you seen how good some of the teams are and how dedicated they are to their matches? Most of the alliances use Skype to communicate during matches we can't even get the forum going.
 Look, not that anyone cares, but if things don't change I will be moving on down the road.
Back to top Go down
craizy74

craizy74

PostSubject: Re: State of the Alliance   State of the Alliance Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 8:16 am

I feel your pain!

I started a thread on the last 3v3v3 game.... not a peep.... think the thread then got deleted!  But I could have done with knowing if I did okay in the team, If the team thought I did anything wrong.

I'm here to learn...I'm keen to learn.....and i'm chomping at the bit to get an alliance game.

I want to be picked, if i'm not good enough, I want to improve so I am in the running.

Gen.Pain, if you have been watching the game, please post it as you see it.... even if it is just for me!!
Back to top Go down
Gen.Pain
Admin
Gen.Pain

PostSubject: Re: State of the Alliance   State of the Alliance Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 9:53 am

Well now that you ask...lol. When we were playing the African map and you said you were joining the game and said Peru was your ally I told you don't make West Brazil your other ally as it has too many borders and you would be spending your time defending it. Well? Other than that you've played a smart game. Technically you've got the game down, now you need to learn the strategic end. By choosing 2 allies in the middle of the board you surrounded your selves with enemies. If the southern alliance had of been smart (which they weren't) they would have waited and allied with the north and squeezed you out. But, they got greedy and went after the AI without securing their borders or making pacts. So... you guys jumped on it and rightfully so and you may have pulled it off as the northern alliance was slow to act. Now they have acted and seeing that I can't actually see the battles I don't know if you will win. I also don't know some of the loyalties, I thought Mikhal was aligned with the north but now I'm not sure he was. I'm assuming North Brazil is a northern ally but he moved so late that I'm not sure if he is not a lone wolf. All in all you and your alliance have done good though.
Back to top Go down
v0od0o

v0od0o

PostSubject: Re: State of the Alliance   State of the Alliance Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 1:47 pm

I agree with all things in this post. The forum has been a complete clusterf***. The energy level, hell the fun level is nonexistant. We have active memvers but cant fill but 1 alliance game at a time?!? With all this said, barring any significant changes, I may skip as well.

As always.. War well..
Back to top Go down
craizy74

craizy74

PostSubject: Re: State of the Alliance   State of the Alliance Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 6:43 pm

Yes, West Brazil..... lack of patience on my part!  Had no allies so took what I could get! If I had held off an extra day I would have allied with Vo0do0.

South B are/were allied with Ven and Col. North was meant to be, but took out South, they seem to be allied with everyone.  It's working for them so far, waiting to see which way they go!!

At the moment the North has it. Peru left a battle or 2 unattended against Vo0do0 and was punished, then after pointing his mistake out to him I went and did the same thing against Ven losing 2 arty in the process.  A few other mistakes were made, I'll post about them after the game..... they were doozies!!!
Back to top Go down
JeffTheCanuck

PostSubject: Re: State of the Alliance   State of the Alliance Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 2:34 am

Hi everyone.  I just joined this alliance 3 days ago and am interested in playing alliance games.  I'm a new to Supremacy 1914 (exactly 3 months today).  I'm active so please keep me in mind for any new games.  I've never played an alliance game before so will have a bit of a learning curve.

I look forward to everyone's advice and hope to provide back in kind.
Back to top Go down
Gen.Pain
Admin
Gen.Pain

PostSubject: Re: State of the Alliance   State of the Alliance Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 11:34 pm

Lol...I hadn't seen the post in the paper for the last 2 days. So Bob-X went out on his own, that stirred up the pot...lol My suggestion, keep your top secret intel out of the in game mail...lol
Back to top Go down
craizy74

craizy74

PostSubject: Re: State of the Alliance   State of the Alliance Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 12:37 am

I have posted in the DE to join the forum....... they don't know the half of it!!  I have a few things to reveal......confess may be more appropriate!!!!!!!Laughing
Back to top Go down
Gen.Pain
Admin
Gen.Pain

PostSubject: Re: State of the Alliance   State of the Alliance Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 12:52 am

Bob made a big mistake though...he let his emotions control his play. Regardless of what plotting was going on, Mikhal was gone and the new alliance of Col., Ven. and Bob would have wrapped up things soon. He would have finished no worse than 2nd, but now he has prolonged the game and might not even place. I take it that you had something to do with that....lol If so well played.

Oh, he also didn't ensure that one of your allies were gone...too bad...lol
Back to top Go down
craizy74

craizy74

PostSubject: Re: State of the Alliance   State of the Alliance Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 1:54 am

Col and Ven definitely had the upper hand.  If Bob joined them...game over! It's all on Colombia now! 

I retreated back as I was away for a day and a half, so time to re engage!  Will need to wait on spy info first mind you....get the lay of the land!
Back to top Go down
craizy74

craizy74

PostSubject: Re: State of the Alliance   State of the Alliance Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 2:42 am

@ Jeff

Welcome Smile

Hopefully as ACTIVE members join and take part in the forum etc. more and more internal matches can be started.

From there, the powers that be can select a team and we can get some alliance matches on the go.

I'm chomping at the bit for an alliance match, but the team match prior was a good learning experience, and at the very least would like to see more of them.
Back to top Go down
v0od0o

v0od0o

PostSubject: Re: State of the Alliance   State of the Alliance Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 9:52 am

Ill post my thoughts on the game afterward. As for our admins not posting, just adds to the reasons for a non active forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: State of the Alliance   State of the Alliance Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

State of the Alliance
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cuckoo Nest :: General Discussions-
Jump to: