The Cuckoo Nest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Cuckoo Nest

The Cuckoo Nest members forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Game Strategy

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sandido
Admin
Sandido

Game Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Game Strategy   Game Strategy Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 1:16 am

If anyone would like any help on their strategy, building, invading etc. Let us hear it!
I've been playing this game a long time and there was just something new i found out the other day.
I just noticed that you could right click and highlight all your units, i was doing them individually haha
Back to top Go down
https://thecuckoonest.forumotion.org
Gen.Pain
Admin
Gen.Pain

Game Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Strategy   Game Strategy Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 2:49 pm

You have to right click and hold it and draw a circle around all the troops you want to move.
When traveling across large bodies of water pair up ( piggy back) your troops with a BB and you will not lose morale at day change.
On that note, try not to start moving your troops out of your territory ( or away from your BB) until after day change so you will have 24hrs. to attack before morale starts to drop.
When going to be off line for a period of time don't target a city with your range weapons as they can be side stepped. Just move the range unit within range of the area you want to atttack and they will attack the closest unit or any unit that attacks it.
Range units only attack once an hour so you can move them anytime within that hour and not lose any hits. I like to mark the time the attacks start and use that as my referance. i.e. attack starts at 1:00 move for 59min. stop, attack again, and at 2:01 repeat again. This way you move closer or further away from an enemy unit as you attack.

Twisted Evil

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a common mistake I see all levels of players doing... Lets say you are attacking someone that has a larger army than you and they have beaten your troops but you still have a train of "ones " heading to the battle. Every time he beats one of your "ones" his morale increase by at least 1 point and this strengthens his troops. It's better to rally your troops before attacking.
Here are some defensive tactics I've learned. Lets say your city is being attacked and it looks like the battle will be close but you want to increase your odds. Every uprade within your city increases your defense so during the battle I keep rebuilding my recruiting centers and lvl.1 workshop. They are cheap and can be rebuilt in the 1 hr. time frame of attacks. The attacking army must siphon off troops to destroy these upgrades over and over.
This defensive tactic works anywhere inside your province. So if you are being attacked on a road inside your province your upgrades help. Conversely, if you are attacking a neighbor with artillery set up your attack in his province to destroy his upgrade along with troops. Even if not hitting his city.

When being attacked you should turn your railways off. This serves 2 purposes; one is that if you keep the city your railway may not be destroyed and the other is, that if the enemy gets on the railway before you turn it off he will get a speed advantage to your city. Once any unit starts to travel on a railway the advantage stays even if you turn it off or it's destroyed. A trick with railguns...if you have your railgun on the frontline and you know your railway is going to get destroyed, start your railgun moving towards a safe province and as long as you don't stop it will continue even if the railway is destroyed.

Last edited by Gen.Pain on Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:09 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sandido
Admin
Sandido

Game Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Strategy   Game Strategy Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 12:56 am

A small piece of advice i would give that i see a lot is folks using their attack button too much. I rarely use it, the best strategy is to move your art, ships etc to the fort or unit you want to attack, until the target comes just within the inside of your attacking units circle. By doing this your art will attack the nearest enemy unit coming your way.
If you use you attack button on a fort, only the fort will be hit, however their units within the fort will be able to leave undamaged and attack your units.
If you use only the move button your art will hit oncoming enemy units, then attack the fort automatically when there is no more enemy units!

Hope this makes sense ; )
Back to top Go down
Sandido
Admin
Sandido

Game Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Strategy   Game Strategy Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 12:58 am

Sorry Gen.Pain just read your message again and i've just basically repeated what you just said.lol
Back to top Go down
craizy74

craizy74

Game Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Strategy   Game Strategy Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 8:30 am

I usually build railway in coal provinces, then use the increase in production of coal to build railways elsewhere to boost... say ore.... as it isn't producing enough. Is this the norm or should I be trying something different to boost low production?? Is there a better strategy??
Back to top Go down
Gen.Pain
Admin
Gen.Pain

Game Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Strategy   Game Strategy Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 8:59 am

Nope, sounds good. I do the same thing. In fact you can go ahead and build them in your gas/oil also and compensate with the resource slides.

Last edited by Gen.Pain on Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SyberAdmiral
Admin
SyberAdmiral

Game Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Strategy   Game Strategy Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 10:08 am

It seems that we have enough 'raw material' which we need to classified into individual topics.
Back to top Go down
JeffTheCanuck

Game Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Strategy   Game Strategy Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 8:02 am

Hi everyone!  Just joined The Cuckoo Nest (glad to be here) and wanted to add my own observation and strategy for this topic.

While enemy troops are disembarking into your province they will still be at half strength until they are fully disembarked.  If you're able to send your troops to the enemy location you can significantly reduce their numbers and morale before they actually hit the shore.  Since it takes 4.5 hours to disembark that's 4 hours of a huge attack advantage, assuming you get that full time.

I have only played under 10 games so far but I have never observed anyone taking advantage of this strategy.  I did this in a couple games to fantastic effect.  One battle in particular allowed me to wipe out a 20 - 25 man force while only losing 5 - 8 men (out of 20 - 25 force as I recall).  At that time my morale was low too as I had just used the force to conquer a few provinces so it was dropping in these newly acquired cities.

I hope someone finds this useful for future games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Game Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Strategy   Game Strategy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game Strategy
Page 1 of 1